Sree Siddaganga Mutt was established during 15th century A.D. According to history the mutt was established by 'Sri Gosala Siddeshwara Swamiji', Who belongs to 'Shunya Simhasana'. A Spiritual Academy at fame during the days of social reformer Basaveshwara. Readmore»
About Sree Sree's
The present Muttadhipathi is His Holiness Dr. Sree Sree Shivakumara Swamiji, Who was initiated into holy order in 1930 by his Guru, His Holiness Sree Sree Uddanashivayogi became Muttadhyaksha of the Mutt in the year 1941. Swamiji is well known to people by his hard work, disciplined life, faith in humanity and sincerity to help the poor and downtrodden. He has profound knowledge of English, Kannada and Sanskrit literatures. He developed educational institution from traditional learning of Sanskrit to the modern science and technology. Sree Swamiji was awarded with the doctor of literature by Karnataka University in 1965. It is his total commitment to the service of humanity that enables Sree swamiji to go through the eighteen - hour daily work schedule even at this age also.
- Year of Birth: 1907.
- Place of Birth: Veerapura, Magadi Taluk, Bangalore District.
- Parents: Patel Honnappa and Gangamma.
- Primary Education: Veerapura & Nagavalli.
- Secondary Education: Government High School, Tumkur.
- Pre-University & Graduation: Central College, Bangalore.
Sree Swamiji created a cosmopolitan atmosphere in the mutt in which people belonging to all religion and creeds can work together for common aims and objectives Swamiji counsels and sympathizes the persons with sickness, worries or troubled various kinds of personal problems. People very much desire his gracious presence in many religious, cultural, social and educational functions and conferences. Sree Swamiji's highly instructive and inspiring speech on such occasions, instill a sprit of righteousness and brotherly love among the people.
With his great personality Swamiji earned the respects of all the dignitaries of the Nation and also abroad. Many delegates of the Nation visited the Mutt seeking his blessings.
Swamiji was awarded the Prestigious Karnataka Ratna award, the highest civilian award given by Karnataka Government on his centenary year 2007, for his Social Service.
A simple man that he is, Sri Shivakumara Swamiji, even at the ripe age of 105, is both a light eater and a light sleeper. He sleeps only for three hours a day, from 11 pm to 2 am. His routine runs like this:
- 2 am - 3 am: Study.
- 3 am - 3:30 am: Bath.
- 3:30 am - 5:30 am: Meditation, pooja and the singing of bhajans, followed by breakfast.
- 5:30 am onwards: Participating in the prayer session of students, concentrating on the various developmental and administrative aspects of the math.
- 6 pm - 8 pm: Evening prayer session with students, followed by the singing of bhajans.
- 8 pm - 11 pm: Devoted to the study of various philosophers.